how to stay awake

how to stay awake

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

First, to my Dad,
      Happy Father's Day!  I love calling you up and talking about everything from religion to kids to gardening and good books!  Some of my favorite times when growing up were when you would take me to one of your jobs to help with the clean-up then take me out for a chocolate shake afterwards.  Or when you would pick me up from gymnastics when I was little and take me to get a hoagie from Hoagie's Hero's.  From you I learned to love nature- especially trees and anything green.  You would always be on the look out for anything interesting when we would go hiking, when I was in a hurry just to reach the final destination.  You would stop and pick up rocks, point out different wildlife and just enjoy the air.  I learned to slow down and have the trip be just as enjoyable as the destination.  You taught me how important a good work ethic is through your hard work and pride in a job well done.  And that no matter how small or seemingly unimportant a job might be, that it is worth doing your best.  These are just a few things that I have learned from you and am trying to teach my kids.
 Thanks Dad!  I love you!

To my Father-in-law, 
     Happy Father's Day!  I love that I am a part of your family!  Thank you for doing such an amazing job raising Chris!  I love that I got to know you by riding to and from work with you when I first moved down to Austin.  You and Ann have always been so welcoming and loving and have always made me feel like part of the family!  I love it when you come out to visit us.  Not only are you an amazing cook, but you are so much fun to be around.  I see your hard work and honesty and integrity reflected in Chris.  Your deep faith in God and in family isn't spoken, but is seen in your actions.  
    Thank you! I love you!

To my husband, Chris, 
    I love you!  Happy Father's Day!  I know you didn't plan on having 6 kids when we got married, but you are a wonderful father to all of them!  I love how they always run out to greet you when you come home from work and where ever you are in the house, they always seem to gravitate to you.  Thank you for teaching our kids about honesty and hard work and the importance of playing hard and having fun.  You have the amazing ability to turn a boring day into lots of fun with hiking adventures or swimming at the lake or just playing baseball bowling out front.  
   Thank you for all you do for our family!
       I love you!
                ~Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment