how to stay awake

how to stay awake

Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Salad

This isn't really my recipe- I heard it on a radio show a couple of weeks ago and it sounded great.  So I tried it and it was great!  Very light and easy to make.

1pkg noodles(I like the swirly, multi colored ones)
  cook those, drain and rinse and let cool.
 Lemon juice(I juiced 2 whole lemons- so about 3/4 -1 cup)
1/2 finely chopped onion
2-4 cloves chopped garlic
  mix all of those and set aside to soak(the lemon takes the heat out of the onion and garlic, but leaves the flavor)
Now you need as much as you want of:
Tomatoes- chopped(I used Roma, but cherry tomatoes, halved would be good also)
Black olives- sliced
Bell peppers- chopped
Capers
     toss all of those with the noodles, add a little olive oil(a couple tablespoons) then pour the lemon/onion/garlic mixture over everything.  Right before you serve it, add some fresh snipped Basil, coarse salt and ground pepper.  We also topped it with Feta cheese and all my kids loved it! Plus there were plenty of left overs for my lunch for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment